Followers

Friday, December 08, 2006

All in a day's work

John works for a landscaping company. He is outside most all the time performing manual labor. The other day, he was working on moving a tree with another guy who was driving a skidsteer. Kind of like a miniature bulldozer meets forklift looking deal. Here is an example:

The guy driving the skidsteer must have been smoking crack because he somehow managed to run into my 6'7" husband standing in front of him. This caused John's ankles to lunge forward in his boots and then he proceeded to scream like a girl and fall to the ground much like a massive tree from what I understand.
Of course he hobbled around that evening and had to go the next day and obtain xrays. Thank goodness no breaks, just sprains.
Have you ever seen Misery where Kathy Bates decides to break James Caan's ankles by hitting them with a mallet? That is the image I get when looking at John's ankles. The flash really takes away from the real discoloration of his ankles, but medical photographer I am not.




This is pretty close to "Paul Sheldon's" face as "Annie" hits them with the hammer. My son the actor!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank God he was okay. I don't think I'd like to come face-to-face with anything designed to move trees!