Followers

Thursday, October 25, 2007

A must read?

I do not know where all the time goes. You blink and 20 years goes by. So, of course, I have all these ideas of things I want to do and so on and so forth. One thing I would like to do is read more and watch less or no TV!!!! So, I google a woman's must read book list and what do I get as the #1 result?




I have a feeling I will have to let this one go. Just doesn't seem like a must read to me. So, if anyone has some good must read's that are maybe a little more "exciting", "feel good", and a bit less "brash", feel free to reccomend some for me!

4 comments:

Jen said...

I have a couple of books that I read this summer and enjoyed - I'm happy to send them to you if you want. My favorite of the 2 is The Memory Keeper's Daughter.

Shanonita said...

hey, i read that book although I wouldn't put it in my top ten. it's a history of the word. apparently it used to be a form of praise like queen.
i think you would really enjoy (well, maybe, i dunno) but you might, the book "the blue jay's dance" by Louise Edrich. It's a good and not too long book, google it.
a history of tractors in ukrainian is good
that's all i can think of because i spend my evenings watching as many Cops shows as possible. ha!

Shanonita said...

name spelled wrong, it's Erdrich
have you read any Barbara Kingsolver, I like her books. The Poisonwood Bible is long but its really really good. I might read that again...

Ms. Thomas said...

David Sedaris is great if you want something that'll make you laugh. Quick reads, hilarious situations. All of them are good. I've read most of them, but I think the most recent was Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim. He is hilarious.

I also think you'd like Barbara Kingsolver for a novel experience. She's from KY too. I'm sure you read Flannery O' Connor in school, but I picked her up again recently and loved her short stories.

If you quit TV, I'll quit TV. We can start a book club instead. Whaddya say?!! A weekly excuse to have a glass of wine and talk on the phone??? Who's in?