Followers

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Transformed

The weekend of November 13-16, 2009 forever changed me. Amber had won a trip to NYC for the both of us after entering a video of photos of the two of us from childhood to the present.
We were told that we would receive a 4 day/3 night trip to NYC with makeovers and a shopping spree. What we were not told was that we would rediscover just how amazing and valuable our friendship with one another is. We spent moments together that literally brought tears to our eyes and moments that made us run to the bathroom to avoid urinating on ourselves from extreme laughter. I got to watch my best friend go from what I have always thought to be an attractive woman to a beaming, head turning, hot, redhead. I tried to purposely avoid looking at her until the entire makeover had been done because I was more excited to see her transformation than mine. I was blown away with the beauty that radiated from her.
Once my makeover was complete and I looked in the mirror, I hardly recognized myself. I was beautiful. I have often felt beautiful on the inside, but now, my exterior matched my interior. At this point, I realized I deserved this and it was not selfish to take care of myself in this way. I felt amazing. I was transformed.
I was afraid that once we got home, I would revert to my black velour pants and maternity underwear that Amber has begged me to toss out for years. However, I have applied make up everyday since returning and have only wore the velour pants to sleep in. Even though Amber threw my favorite underwear in the trash, I don't think I would wear them anyway. I have purchased pretty panties, romantic ruffles, wrap dresses, and shoes with heels. All this because I was transformed by a 4 day getaway with the most amazing woman that I know.
Amber put together a slide show of some of our photos and video clips. It is only a small glimpse of the amazing time we shared together.
Amber, I love you more and more everyday. Thank you for helping me rediscover that my exterior is just as beautiful as my interior. You look breathtaking and your butt is amazing in a pair of Sabrina jeans from the Buckle! B/F/F/&E Love, Sheba

No comments: