Followers

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

La Fiesta de Cole

Can't believe we have had Cole in our lives a full year! I will post a seperate blog to bring you up to speed on his accomplishments, milestones, and stats. This is just to tell you about his first birthday party.
We have always had to have our parties indoors since dear Chase is a December baby, so we were so excited to have an outdoor celebration. God blessed us with gorgeous weather so that we could have that wish. The party was on a beautiful sunny Saturday afternoon just following nap time. Those with young children, know this is vital to a good party! We invited friends and family and provided burgers, bratwursts, all the fixins, cake and ice cream, and lots of fun. We borrowed a bouncy from a friend which was a hit, as was the trampoline. This was the first party were most of our friends had young children as well (those who didn't borrowed their cousin's kid)that could enjoy the fun, so that made it even more exciting. I can't wait to watch them all grow up together.
After eating, we had cake. I made Cole's myself this time which turned out cute. Not as extravagant as the train cake, but still cute. Cole was not real sure about the cake. I had to force his hand into the cake and then he got upset and started shaking his hands to try and get the icing off!
After a quick clean up, he proceeded to opening the gifts with the help of a hndful of young friends! He got so many nice clothes and fun toys. The toys have been a hit and the cause of many fights between brothers ever since. As always, I will attach photos of the party.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


1 comment:

Ms. Thomas said...

I'm so sad I missed his first birthday. Looks like it was yummy and fun. I don't have a kid, but I could borrow my delicious nephew and fit right in! Love you!