Followers

Friday, February 22, 2008

29 and holding

Well, it has happened. I officially left the 20s and entered the world of the 30s. I can only hope the 30s are as good to me as the 20s were. I figured it would be just another birthday, but thanks to my 2 wonderful boys, the planning of my mother, a phone call from Kristin, and the attendance of Dad, Shawne, Frank, and John-it was probably the best birthday ever. As I was heading home from orientation at my new prn job, I was on the phone telling my friend Ali how excited I would be if Mom and the boys had made me a little card and craft for my birthday. As I walked in the house I was immediately greeted by Chase with a very enthusiastic "SURPRISE, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMY!" They had decorated the living room and the table was set for dinner. I was then given Mardi Gras style necklaces and helium balloons and was told that Dad and Shawne would be coming over for supper. I have never had a surprise birthday party and it was great. I bragged about it all day the next day.
Here is my surprise:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



People ask "well do you feel any older?" I wish I could say no, I mean after all, just because a number changed does not mean I am going to suddenly combust or something, right?
Unfortunately, I have had some health "issues" going on and it has me visiting a doctor's office more often than I or my wallet would like. I am dealing with high blood pressure and possible hyperthyroidism, so pray that they will figure me out soon or I will have to start selling all remaining and functioning organs to pay the med bills!
Hyperthyroidism generally speeds up a person's metabolism and leads to them losing weight. I asked the MD why in the world I wasn't skinny if this was truly going on and he informed me it is because I am in the beginning stages. Of course I then asked him what any level headed female would, "So, I still have a chance? Can we delay treatment for a while?"
So although I feel like I am falling apart already I had a wonderful birthday!!!!

No comments: