Followers

Saturday, April 04, 2009

One of the most delightful things about a garden is the anticipation it provides.

Well, I decided that this year I was going to try and take on a garden. I thought maybe if I involved the boys in the process, they would be more apt to eat the vegetables and fruits that we grow.
I decided I would start some of the plants indoors and than transplant them once the threat of frost has passed. Since I have never done such a thing, and I have a brown/black thumb, I wasn't sure how this would go. I figured if I could just get something, anything to grow, I would have been successful.
It has only been about 2 weeks since starting the first group of plants and not even a week for the second group. The results have been so rewarding so far. I can't believe how the little seeds that I planted with some dirt, water, and lots of prayers are already thriving so well.

The photos are out of order since photobucket has been giving me issues, but I have waited weeks to post this, so I am going to roll with it!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

This has been very exciting for the boys and I, even John is excited each day to see how the plants have done!
I hope to have a bunch of yummy vegetables to share with everyone before too long!

No comments: